These 4 things will help you center and ground, whether shopping, traveling or juggling personal and professional responsibilities:
- The “So Hum” mantra: Sanskit for “I am,” repeat it to yourself 5 or 10 times whenever you feel distracted or otherwise off-balance.
- A stretch with visualization: You can find a peaceful spot in even the most crowded place, such as a corner, a dressing room or even a rest room. Stretch in the forward bend and as you go over, imagine all of the frustrations, worries, aggravations, etc., falling out of your head.
- The 4-7-8 breath: Dr. Andrew Weil says the 4-7-8 is simple and can literally be done anywhere. He explains:
- Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight. This is one breath.
- Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
- Pluggz: Count on it: You’ll have sore feet, especially during those shopping marathons (many of which take place in shopping malls, complete with uneven heat, lack of natural light and hard floors). Pluggz to the rescue! The shoes combine fashion, comfort and grounding—and we know The Earth is one of the most powerful, natural energy sources, letting us absorb the earth’s electrons so we can embrace the positive and let go of the negative. Being grounded is scientifically proven to be beneficial to one’s overall well-being.